If you have come here then for sure, you want to clear the cache on Kodi. As Kodi is extraordinary in contrast to other spilling stages accessible but accompanies with a fair share of issues and most of the Kodi users for a long time probably have received multiple error messages. But you guys don’t have to worry anymore as, in this guide, you will come to know on how to clear cache on Kodi. Let’s see first in brief about the cache then, we will head towards the steps.
What is a Cache?
Cache is the residue of files which is the result of previous actions that includes browsing, streaming, playing media files. So every action leaves a trace and residue files are collectively stored in the cache memory. A software always installed on a hard drive but at the time of execution the files are transferred to RAM and accessing files from hard disk it leaves residues. So these temporary files are cached in RAM, whenever browsing your favourite stuff it will produce some cache that will be stored in web cache on your hard disk.
Clear Cache on Kodi
Using Looking Glass Wizard
To clear cache on Kodi using Looking Glass Wizard, you must install it first and follow the steps below.
- You have to select settings > File manager > Add source > None and enter the URL as “http://repo.lookingglass.rocks/ then enter some name for reference.
- Now, go to the home screen then select add-ons -> Package installer icon -> Install from the ZIP file and select the looking glass source -> repository zip file.
- After that, you have to select install from repository> Looking glass repo -> Program addons -> looking glass wizard -> Install.
- Now, you have to open looking glass wizard from Add-ons > Program Add-ons -> Maintenance -> Cleaning Tools -> clear cache.
Using Indigo addon
If looking glass wizard doesn’t work out then, you can try the Indigo addon as an alternative. Indigo is the addon from the TVAddons team which has astonishing tools like Github Browser that acts an add-on installer and comes with the options to clear cache on Kodi. So following are the steps!
- First, open Kodi and select settings > File manager > Add source and click on NONE.
- After that, you have to enter the Source URL as http://fusion.tvaddons.co then give any name to the source and click OK.
- Now, you have to select Add-ons from the home screen and select the package installer icon at the top left corner, select install from zip file.
- You have to select the TV ADDONS source then Kodi Repo and XBMCHUB repository file.
- After that, you have to select install from repository then TV ADDONS REPO and video add-ons then Indigo -> Install.
- Now, you can open Indigo Kodi addon and select Maintenance tool then Clear Cache.
- You can Clear Thumbnail, packages, logs, textures.
Using Ares Wizard
You guys might have thought that Ares Wizard is taken down, but it is not, it is the best Kodi Wizard which can download and install from alternate repositories. However, other add-ons from the Ares team are down, but Ares Maintenance tools are still working. So following are the steps!
- You have to open Kodi on your device, and select Settings then File manager and Add source then None.
- After that, you have to enter the source URL as “http://androidaba.com/addons/ then set a name to the source and then click OK.
- Now, you have to go to home screen then Add-ons and Package installer icon then Install from zip file.
- You have to select the source name and select script.areswizard-0.0.69.zip.
- After that, the Ares wizard download will start, and once downloaded, it will install directly.
- Now, open the addon from the Program add-ons section then, you will see on the screen maintenance tab, so select maintenance to clear the cache files.
- On the maintenance tab, you will see the Delete cache tab on it then follow by deleting packages and thumbnails it will delete all the temporary files and restart Kodi.
So by now, your issue will be resolved. You can ask your queries regarding this article in the comment section below. And if you like this article then please share. Thank you!