The Kodi 17 or the Krypton is not so cool to use. Many users want to get rid of it and want to back the Kodi 16.1 the older version. So if you are one of them who want to downgrade to Kodi 16.1, here we are going to tell how you could do that.
You can upgrade it from any of your smart devices and smart or Android TV and, from any online streaming devices like Fire Stick.
Downgrade Kodi 17 to Kodi 16.1
Ok, to downgrade your Kodi app to Kodi 16.1 please follow these simple steps-
- First, uninstall the Kodi app of Krypton version from your devices or tv. It would like the same as you uninstall any other app.
- Make sure your device or Android TV has the ES File Explorer. If don’t have, just download it from the play store and from any app store you use.
- Open the ES File Explorer app.
- On the home page of the app, you will a burger icon on the left upper corner, click on that icon.
- Under this icon choose the favorite option where you will find Add option, click on that.
- After clicking on that you will find a box of Add to Favorite where you find two options to add Path and Name.
- To find the Path for the Kodi 16.1 you would have to visit tv/download . under this address go at Older Releases. Now choose your device and going further you would get the apk downloading file for Kodi 16.1.
- Copy and paste the URL link into the Path section and give it any name and click on add.
- Now, go again into the favorite section where you will find the option Kodi or any other name you have assigned to the path.
- As click on that name, it will start downloading the file. After downloading just install it.
- Make sure the unknown source app option in on from your device.
After finishing the installation process you will be ready to use Kodi 16.1. you will have to sources again to enjoy.
Now, the one more important thing you should have to is to uncheck the auto-update option for the Kodi app. You can do an in-app store – my app – if you use android than you will find a three-dot icon upper right side to uncheck the auto-update option.