Kodi is used for streaming videos, PPV, TV shows, movies and much more so. Watching these from your IP address is risky because IP address is visible to the public that means you’re taking a risk. And some of the Kodi add-ons are geo-restricted that cannot be accessed by all the users. So to get rid of these issues, Kodi users should use VPN. When you use the VPN, it will unblock geo-blocked content and keeps anyone anonymous online and watch without buffering among all the VPN service IPVanish is one of the best.
What is Kodi Balck Screen?
Kodi Black screen occurs because of various reasons and, here you will discover some of the reasons behind the black screen and also a solution to fix the problem. As the black screen occurs when users upgrade the Kodi to a newer version like 16 to Kodi 17, and 16 versions run a new database 17version. While transferring a database from old to new then it may cause a crash and opening the Kodi after upgrading may have a chance to get a black screen problem. You can follow the following steps to fix the black screen issues so keep reading the post as I have mentioned all the possible ways to fix these issues.
Step 1: Fix Openload Pair Kodi Error
- First, you need to stable this issue so erase your add-ons.db file Addons27 and follow the instruction because the location of this file varies upon Operating System. So, you have to use the file location depending on your operating system.
- Now you will get the list of add-ons file of different Operating systems so verify data on your device.
- Windows: Tap on the start then type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\Database.
- Android: Android/data/org,kodi/files/.kodi/user data/Database so this is the location on Android.
- iOS: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/user data/Database this is for iOS device.
- MAC: /Users/<your-user-name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database this is for MAC
- Linux: ~/.kodi/user data/Database for linux device.
- OpenElec/LibreElec: users /storage/,kodi/userdata/Database this is for Open Elec.
Step 2: Fix Kodi Black Screen
By following this step, you can fix your black screen problem on Kodi so, here I am using the Windows Operating System location.
- Click on start on your Window device.
- After that, type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\Database location file then, it will take from the previous topic and tap on the Enter button.
- By now, you will see a folder called Database so click on that folder.
- And from the database folder select the Add-on27 file.
- Now you right click and then delete the current folder of the add-on.
So these are the step for resolving the black screen problem after completing the steps, you need to launch Kodi application so with this your start-up screen problem will be fixed.
The add-ons store that all the data of the Kodi add-ons which have installed on your application. After deleting the file, it will recreate next time on opening your Kodi again. Once you launch the Kodi app, you need to re-enable all pre-installed add-ons. By going Add-0n->My Add-ons you can do this process and then select the add-on that has installed before so tap on Enable then add-on will working after this.
Step 3: Fix Black Screen On Kodi Andoird TV Box or App
- Click on the Settings of the Android box from the home screen.
- And then select the other option next to the advanced settings.
- You need to scroll down and click on more settings.
- After that, select Apps from more settings.
- And then choose Kodi from the list of Applications.
- Now you have to select Force Stop and Click OK.
- Again scroll down and select Clear Cache, don’t click on the Clear Data, you only need to clear all your Cache.
- So after completing the steps restart your Kodi application by now you will get rid of the Kodi Black screen issue.
By now you have learned how to deal with these errors and if in future you face such issues I hope you can easily overcome. Now enjoy watching your favourite movies, TV shows, and video, PPV, tv shows, movies. I am pretty sure that you will find it helpful in the time of need. You can ask your queries regarding this article in the comment section below. And if you like this article then please share. Thank you!