Kodi is an open-source media player software application developed by XBMC foundation to watch TV shows, movies, sports, Live TV and play games for free! Kodi is available for Android devices, iOS devices and for Windows, Linux, Mac PC. In order to enhance the functionality of Kodi program, user can add another piece of an application called ‘Kodi add-on’. These add-ons allow to stream videos/audios or play games from different sources on the internet.
Kodi add-ons reside at ‘Kodi repository’.There will be pre-installed repositories with a list of add-ons available on Kodi. But, a lot of amazing add-ons available outside Kodi. These are called third-party add-ons. A huge number of Video, Audio, Game add-ons with incredible features are available outside Kodi. ‘Specto‘ is one such third-party video add-on available in SMASH repository. Let’s see amazing features of Specto add-on.
Features of Specto Kodi add-on
- Specto Kodi add-on provides a huge library of TV shows and Movies with simple and easy to handle user-interface.
- Movies and TV shows are placed in different categories based on genre, most popular, date of release etc.
- Users can easily browse TV shows and can search for content by entering a TV network and ‘ TV calendar’ allows an easy search of the latest episodes.
- Users can find ‘ My specto’ option. Here you can add any of your favourite stuff to watch once again. This makes very easy to search your favourite content.
- Specto supports services like IMDb, Tract.TV, Alluc and works very well on Fire TV and Firestick.
- Specto provides a separate category of latest movies and latest episodes which makes the search process very easy. It allows you to choose different video qualities while playing movies/TV shows.
However, sometimes the user may experience a few issues while attempting to use the Specto add-on. An error message saying ‘’Specto not working’’ may appear on the screen while clicking on Specto add-on. But, there are a few ways to resolve this issue. Let’s see how to fix ‘Specto not working’ error.
Fix Specto No Stream Available Error
Enable install from unknown sources and install the latest version of the add-on
Since Specto is a third-party add-on, make sure that you have enabled installation from unknown sources. Before starting the installation, go to settings > system settings > add-ons, then click on ‘unknown source’. Unless you enable installation from unknown sources, Kodi will not permit third-party add-on installation and you will receive an error message while attempting to install. Another important thing is to make sure that your Specto add-on is updated. Otherwise, you may receive add-on not working error message. Update your add-on to the latest version to resolve this error.
User needs to clear the Specto Kodi add-on cache frequently because usually cached data will be junk file which slows down your software application. Follow the below steps to clear cache under Specto add-on
- Under Specto add-on you can see a list of options, click on ‘Tools’ option.
- A new window will appear now. Here, select ‘’Specto: clear providers’’ and click on ‘yes’
- Once this process completes, click on ‘Specto: clear cache’. Now cache will be cleared.
And ensure that you are having a good network. If internet speed is too slow you may experience issues while using add-ons
- If your Kodi player is not updated to the latest version then you may experience several issues while using add-ons. Hence, user can try to solve ‘Specto add-on not working’ error by uninstalling and re-installing the latest version of Kodi player application.
Specto is an amazing video add-on to watch popular movies and TV shows on Kodi. If it is not working properly, users can try the above ways to resolve the issue.