In this guide, we will tell the method to fix the error regarding the failed installation of add on from Zip file in Kodi. There is a chance of this error will be shown to you, if you are using Kodi 18.4, Kodi 18.3 or Kodi 18.2. We had also encountered the same issue while installing add ons on Kodi, so it is not likely the new thing if you are facing this kind of error.
Thankfully, to solve this kind of error we have come with methods to fix and use the amazing features of addon without any problem. All that we need to do is uninstall your Kodi 18.4, Kodi 18.3 or Kodi 18.2 and have to install Kodi 18.1. You are thinking it as a downgrade, but that will be not the problem as Kodi 18.1 work as good as its upgraded version and almost have similar features and settings. So we can continue with the Kodi 18.1 and proceed further to main procedure until there is an upgraded Kodi version not been released with the fix to this error.
Steps to Fix Failed to Install Addon from Zip File
In order to fix the above error we have to go with 3step procedure:
- Step 1: First we have to enable Apps from Unknown Sources
- Step 2: then we have to uninstall the existing version of Kodi 18.4, Kodi 18.3 or Kodi 18.2
- Step 3: at last we have to install Kodi 18.1 Leia
Let move further to a detailed procedure in each Step.
Step 1: Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
As we all know that installing apps from unknown sources is a security feature on android based software like Kodi, so it necessary to turn it ON to allow the installation of any third-party application on Kodi 18.1. As you had previously have installed Kodi versions (Kodi 18.4, Kodi 18.3 or Kodi 18.2) on your device then, in that case, this setting must already be On, but if it does not then follow the steps:
- First, we have to go to FireStick Settings from the home screen.
- Then click on My Fire TV.
- Now open Developer Options
- Tap on Apps from Unknown Sources only if it is OFF.
- Click Turn it on.
Step 2: Uninstall Kodi 18.4, Kodi 18.3 or Kodi 18.2 Leia
It is not possible to have two versions of Kodi installed simultaneously on your Firestick or any other device. So must uninstall the present version Kodi 18.4, Kodi 18.3 or Kodi 18.2 installed. To do that steps are
- First, of all go the Firestick home screen and click on the row. From row click on your apps & channels row. After selecting this row, go to the far left and click on see all. Or, alternatively, you may hold down the Home key of your Firestick remote for few seconds and a pop up window will appear then On that click Apps.
- Now select Kodi application, do not click on it just select Kodi application
- Now press menu key of the Fire Stick remote and A pop-up menu will appear in the bottom right of your TV screen, there click the uninstall button.
- After that it will ask for confirmation, click on OK to give your concern, Now you have successfully uninstalled Kodi version 18.4, 18.3 or 18.2 from your device. There is another method to uninstall Kodi – From the home screen of FireStick, navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi > Uninstall
Step 3: How to Install Kodi 18.1 Leia on Firestick
For this method, we simply have to follow the procedure given below.
- As we are using ES file explorer to download 18.1, then from home window of Firestick search for ES file explorer.
- Now tap on ES file explorer icon and if it asks for permissions allow them.
- Now inside of it you some icons, click on the download icon on the right section.
- On the next window, on the bottom bar in right section click on +NEW.
- Now we have to enter the URL – to download Kodi 18.1 and you can name the file or leave it blank. Then click on the download button.
- Now, Kodi 18.1 will downloaded.
- Click on the file to open it.
- After that, the installation window will appear.
- Proceed further to install it.
- Wait for some time till the installation will complete.
That all, you have successfully installed the Kodi 18.1 on your firestick and now you will not face error regarding the installation of certain add ons from Zip files.
Hence, this is the procedure to fix the issue of failed to install add on from Zip file. So in order to fix and enjoy amazing features of Kodi go on with this method. Please feel free to share this method of fixing the error with your friends & family and if you have any suggestions and queries related to it feel free to contact us.