Kodi is one of the best for watching movies and TV shows. But the more fun way of watching movies is with subtitle so that we won’t get lost and without missing anything. Here I have come up with the guide on to get subtitles on Kodi using the OpenSubtitles.org subtitle service. If you’re looking for the subtitles for Kodi then, this guide is merely for you as this procedure work for Android, Windows PC, Mac, Nvidia Shield, Kodi on FireStick, and all Kodi supported devices. So keep reading the guide!
Sometimes you have to keep the volume low to avoid disturbance because of which subtitles become essential and audio quality will be poor. So these are some reasons to add subtitles to Kodi and Opensubtitles is one of best subtitles service for Kodi. It has an enormous collection of languages and movies and TV shows. Now let’s dive into the guide.
Get Subtitles on KODI with OpenSubtitles
- Step 1: First of all, you have to register for an account at OpenSubtitles.org. But without registering on the OpenSubtitles subtitles for Kodi can’t use. You have to go to the https://www.opensubtitles.org and then click the Register link.
- Step 2: After that, you have to create a username and password, and then you need to launch Kodi and select Add-ons of the home screen.
- Step 3: On the top-left of the screen, you will see the Package Installer option that looks like an open box, so open it.
- Step 4: After that, you have to click on the Install from the repository on the next screen.
- Step 5: Now, you see the list of the repositories, so you have to click on the Kodi Add-on repository as it is the official Kodi repository which comes pre-installed with Kodi. If you have a Kodi Add-on repository only then, you will list of the repositories. There is no need to Install from the repository as it will directly take you to the screen that you will see on step 6.
- Step 6: Now, you will see the window where you have to click Subtitles and from the list click OpenSubtitles.org.
- Step 7: After that, you have to click on the Install button that will be on the bottom-right of the next screen.
- Step 8: Now, you have to wait for the Opensubtitles.org add-on installed notification to appear on the top right of the screen.
- Step 9: After that, click on the OpenSubtitles.org once again and click on the Configure button on the next window.
- Step 10: Now, a dialogue box will appear on the screen, so you have to click on the username and enter the username that you have created in step 1 for Kodi subtitles at OpenSubtitles.org. And click on the password as well and then enter the OpenSubtitles account password and click OK.
- Step 11: Now go back to the Kodi home-screen, then click on the Settings.
- Step 12: And open the Player settings on Kodi 17.6. Otherwise, merely Player on Kodi Leia.
- Step 13: You will see the cog icon on the bottom left, but make sure that it is in Standard or Basic and then select option for Language on the left panel of the next window.
- Step 14: You will see the Languages to download subtitles for in Download Services on the right you can choose your preferred language for subtitles for Kodi.
- Step 15: Now, you have to click on the Default TV show service to set up Kodi subtitles for TV shows.
- Step 16: On the list of subtitles for Kodi click on the Get more button and select OpenSubtitles.org and then click on download.
- Step 17: Once downloaded, open the OpenSubtitles.org and click on it to set it up as the Kodi subtitle service.
- Step 18: After that, click on the Default movie service and then repeat the above step 17.
- Step 19: The screen will look like this once you install and set up Opensubtitles on Kodi.
That’s it! you can now play the TV show and movie that you like with the subtitles.
While streaming Kodi users are highly advised to use a VPN, so ExpressVPN is one of the best and reliable VPN. It will hide your IP and protects from online surveillance, ISP throttling as well as hackers. Also, it will block geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons/Builds and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. So this is the guide to set up Kodi subtitles using the top two subtitle services. I hope that you will find it helpful!