In the era of web platforms, we depend more on the web series and movies than television or theatre for our entertainment. A few platforms have gained popularity and among them, two names are clear winner, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
There is a clear rivalry between Amazon Prime and Netflix, and the users simply enjoy the game as both the web platforms upload latest web series to keep the users entertained.
A few add on to make these shows available to the iOS and Android users for free. Earlier these kinds of apps were restricted to counties like the UK, Germany, USA and so on. But now the prohibition has been taken away and the shows of web portals are visible to watchers of all over the world.
Kodi is such one add-on which lets you watch all the shows uploaded on these web platforms without paying for the subscription. This is open-source software which can pull video, and other media files from different sources. The best part of this add-on is, it lets you watch the programmes restricted to certain countries by bypassing the network protocol.
Why different VPN is needed for Kodi
Using Kodi from your own gadget is risky. This add-on lets you see those videos which are restricted to some countries. Also, the contents that Kodi lets you see are copyrighted, like the movies and shows are the sole property of the Amazon Prime Video. And by seeing those on your device using Kodi you are indulging in cybercrime. The IP of your device will be exposed and it may lead to some legal problems.
As you have by now understood that it is illegal and thus your IP address can get you penalized. Virtual Private Network or VPN will let you hide your identity as your IP will be seen of some different location. Using a good VPN for watching programmes through Kodi is always advised. Thus using different VPN through IPVanish or NordVPN helps you to watch these shows via Kodi. IPVanish is suited best with the Kodi add-on.
Kodi lets you watch the free content of Amazon Prime but not the paid ones, as for those you need to pay for the subscription of paid service. Though Kodi can play Amazon prime programmes, this is not an official add-on of Amazon. This third-party add-on has been designed by LordK Team.
There are many things you can do with Kodi add-on. For example
- You can access and edit Amazon playlist and video library (though at present this feature is not available with Prime Video)
- You can export movies and TV shows for the Kodi library.
- Covers and Fanart can be loaded through TMDB.
How to Install Amazon Prime Video Kodi Addon?
- You need to download Amazon prime video add-on in your device first.
- Then download and open Kodi 18 Leia.
- Check the home screen of the device and go to add-on.
- Now you can check the list of “My addons” under categories.
- Click on the (..) button at the top.
- You will see many options, click on the “Install from ZIP File”.
- Now you have to locate the file that was downloaded earlier in zip format. The file name should be repository.xlordx-1.0.0.zip.
- Then the option “Install from repository: will show, click on it.
- Now select XLord Repo.
- Check Video add-ons.
- Click on Amazon Prime and install it.
- The Amazon Prime add-on will now be installed on your device.
- See if you are notified by a message that Amazon Prime Video add-on is enabled on your gadget.
How can you access Amazon Prime Video?
- Go to the home screen of your device.
- Select the add-on button.
- Click on Video add-on.
Now you can watch your favourite movies, shows and web series online which are exclusive shows on Amazon. There are programmes for various specific age group, and you can set parental control if you do not want your kid to watch certain shows. Along with that, it has a watch list where you can put the programmes that you are planning to watch over the weekend.