Kodi is a free and open-source media player software application. Using Kodi application people can watch TV shows, movies, sports, Live TV and much more for free! People can install Kodi on their Android devices, iOS devices and PC. MXQ Pro 4k is one such popular Android TV box very well suitable for Kodi. Mxq pro-4k Android TV box supports all formats of audios and videos, especially 4k and HD videos. This Android TV box is powered by Quad-core Amlogi S905 Cortex A53 and Penta Core GPU.
Mxq pro 4k version comes with pre-installed Kodi and so many other apps. Kodi is available with only a few add-ons which may not be useful. Hence user needs to reset Kodi with necessary add-ons to get utmost utilization. Let’s see how to install necessary Kodi add-ons on Mxq pro 4k Android TV Box.
‘Kodi Add-on’ is another piece of application which can be added to Kodi software in-order to enhance the functionality of Kodi program. Add-ons are used to stream video/audio from the internet through Kodi player, hence act as a bridge between Kodi and media sources. Multiple Kodi Add-ons will be stored in ‘ Kodi Repository’. Official Kodi repository will provide a list of Kodi add-ons, but there are much more add-ons available outside Kodi.
Kodi Installation on MXQ Pro 4k
At first, the user should uninstall in-built Kodi app on Mxq pro 4k in-order to install updated Kodi version with required add-ons.
- To uninstall Kodi, go to ‘settings’ option seen on the home page of Mxq pro 4k and click on ‘Apps’ under ‘device’.
- Then click on ‘uninstall ‘ option and select ‘ok’.
Now, Kodi will completely be uninstalled. Let’s see how to install the upgraded version of Kodi app.
- Step 1: Go to ‘My apps’ option available on Mxq pro 4k home page.
- Step 2: Click on ‘browser‘ appear on the new window.
- Step 3: Type Kodi player official website address on the search bar. Navigate to Kodi player official website.
- Step 4: Now, click on the ‘download’ option at the top right of the Kodi home page. Then, select Kodi for ‘Android ‘ device.
- Step 5: Download apk file of Kodi player upgraded version.
- Step 6: Once the downloading process completes, go to the homepage of Mxq pro 4k and click on ‘Local’ option.
- Step 7: Now, open ‘file browser‘ appear on the new window. Then click on the ‘download’ option under ‘local disk’
- Step 8: You can see apk file of Kodi player you have already downloaded. Click on apk file and select ‘ install’ option. Kodi player installation process will start. Wait for a while until the installation completes.
This is how Kodi player installation can be done. There are many attractive add-ons available outside Kodi. Since add-ons reside at the repository, first we need to know how to install Kodi repositories.
How to install Kodi repositories
- Step 1: Open Kodi player on your device. Go to ‘settings ( gear icon)’ on the top left of the screen.
- Step 2: Several options will appear under settings. Click on ‘file manager’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: File manager will open now with several options. Then click on ‘ add source’ at the left side bottom of the screen.
- Step 4: Now ‘Add file source’ window will pop -up. Here, select <None> and press ‘ok’.
- Step 5: A new window will appear now. It will ask to enter the path for media location. Enter URL of the repository you want to install. Make sure that no errors in URL and then click on ‘ok’.
- Step 6: Now, it will ask to enter a name for the source file. User can give any name for the source file. Better to provide a relevant name. (For example ‘SkyDark’ for SkyDark repository) and then press ‘ok’. Reconfirm URL and source file name and then select OK.
- Step 7: Next, go to the ‘add-ons’ section in your Kodi player home screen.
- Step 8: Under Add-ons, click on the package installer icon located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Step 9: A new screen will appear now. Here, select “install from zip file”. Search name of
- the source file entered earlier ( for example SkyDark) and select it.
- Step 10: Once installation completes, a notification will appear on the top right corner of the window.
This completes the repository installation on Kodi. Now, let’s see how to install the third-party add-on on Kodi
Third-party add-on installation on Kodi
- Step 1: Go to the home page of Kodi player. Select add-ons and then click on the package installer icon on the top left. Now, select ‘Install from repository’ under Add-ons.
- Step 2: Several options will appear on the screen now. From those options, select repository on which add-on you want to install resides.
- Step 3: Under the repository, you can see several categories like game add-ons, video add-ons, audio add-ons etc. select the category under which the add-on you wish to install comes.
- Step 4: Now, a list of several add-ons will appear u. From this list, select the add-on you want to install.
- Step 5: A new screen will appear now. Next, click on ‘install‘ at the bottom right of the screen. Once installation completes, a notification saying “Add-on installed‘’ will appear on the screen. This completes the installation of the third-party add-on from the repository.
Mxq pro 4k Android device is perfect for Kodi users with easy user-interface and high performance. Enjoy your leisure time by watching amazing movies and TV shows on Kodi player!