You like retro video games and want to enjoy this wonderful experience through Kodi, you can have it with Emulators.
Emulator, you would know, is a software program. Generally, emulators are the connector which established communication among computer so that all the connected computers got mirrored.
How to Install Emulators in Kodi
So if you are ready with you your Kodi app; you have installed the app properly in your device, follow below steps to install Emulator in Kodi –
- On the home page of the Kodi app, right side you will see menus. Select the Add-on menu; the fourth in the list.
- Select the Categories option.
- Select Install from Repository.
- Now click on the – Kodi add-on repository.
- Now click on – Game add-on
- Now you will see the option emulators, just select it.
- Now you will see a list of different emulators from different game consoles like Sony PlayStation, Game boy advance and Nintendo, etc.
You can choose any of the emulators you want to play with.
A newer version of Kodi which is Kodi 18 Leia has got a new feature for retro game lovers. Now you can play all your favorite games in Kodi. You will not require any hardware device, as Kodi now has its own Emulators features.
Now you will need to install another add-on; the internet archive ROM.
ROM is a launcher to download and play all your favorite games.
Let see how you could have this add-on in the Kodi-
- On the home screen of Kodi, go to the settings option – on the top left side above all the menus.
- Now select a fine manager from the next page.
- Now select the Add Source
- You will see a box, click on the None.
- Now type http://fusion.tvaddons.co, and click on Ok.
- In the next box, you would have assigned a name for this, you can give it any name. Type Fusioco this time and click ok.
- Now the system will return you the file manager page. You will have to return to the home page of the Kodi app.
- Now go to the add-on menu; third from the top.
- The page will open, select the box icon on the top left on the add on-page.
- Now select Install From Zip File.
- Now it will ask to enable the Unknown sources.
- After Enable it, again click on the Installed from Zip file.
- Select the Fusionco- name we have assigned for the add on.
- Now select Kodi-Repos
- Select English
- Now you will see many files you have to select – repository.zachmorris-1.0.0.zip file.
- Then click on Install From Repository.
- Choose Zach Morris Add-ons.
- Now select Game add-ons.
- Choose the game provider.
- Click on the Internet Archive ROM Launcher.
- Now you will get the install option for ROM launcher.
- Click on Ok
- It will take around a minute to install
- After got installed select Internet Archive ROM Launcher.
- Click on Configure
- Select External Launcher.
- Click on my System Type.
- Now you will have to choose your platform.
- Select Set-up wizard and Emulator Launcher.
- Select the Kodi Retroplayer and click on Ok.
- Now return to the Add-on menu and select Game add-on tab.
- Launch the Internet Archive ROM Launcher.
Further, follow the process and enjoy the gaming.