Are you a Roku streaming stick user and thinking about how to install Kodi on Roku? If that is your question then, the answer is yes, so keep reading the article. The steps I am sharing today for Roku Streaming stick 1, 2, 3, 4, follow the steps carefully. But before jumping to the installation procedure, let’s see in brief about Roku and then we will head towards the guide.
Roku Streaming Stick:
Roku is the digital media player set-top box that gives direct access to TV as Roku Streaming Stick is easy and user-friendly; you only need to have Roku streaming stick and a TV with an internet connection.
It is also an alternative of firestick and available as set-top boxes as well. Furthermore, Roku premiere used for streaming 4k videos, Roku pulse used for 4k video streaming and recording and Roku express can turn your TV into smart TV.
How To install Kodi on Roku Streaming Stick?
Before proceeding to the installation of Kodi on Roku, you have to understand that it needs a device with Kodi installed and running then it will be possible to get Kodi on Roku. Here I am using two methods, so follow the steps down below.
Method 1: Installing Kodi on Roku Using Screen Mirroring
If you’re using Roku Streaming Stick 3 & 4 then, you’re lucky. Because Roku 3 or more have the cast functionality pre-installed that’s why you can use cast property, which is called as screen mirroring. So here we go to the steps.
- First, you have to press the Home button on your Roku remote then, go to the settings and check that you have upgraded to the latest version of Roku software or not.
- After that, you have to click on Enable Screen Mirroring and press ok then pair Roku to your smartphone or PC.
- Now, on your PC, you have to go to the devices then click on Project and then choose to Add a wireless display.
- After that, you have to connect your Roku device once it shows up but make sure that you have turned on Wifi on both of your devices.
In case, you are trying to connect via an Android phone then, follow the steps down below.
- Go to the settings and Connections
- Now, Screen mirroring then add device
- After that, you can connect to your Roku device and start streaming but make sure that both of your devices connected to the same Wifi network.
So that’s it! The above step is a simple way to get Kodi on Roku, so now, you can smoothly cast Kodi from your Smartphone or PC to Roku.
Method 2: Installing Kodi Roku Using Windows PC
If you have Roku 3 then, follow the following steps, but this method will require the additional device which supports Kodi. So you have to install Kodi on your Windows PC make sure it is running then, merely connect your PC via an HDMI cable to your Roku device and start streaming Kodi.
- First of all, go to search from your PC then look for Device Settings.
- Now, click on the Add device to add your device.
- After that, you have to select your Roku device on the list.
That’s it! The above step is simple to follow the only thing is that you have to install Kodi and run on your Windows PC or Linux PC and an HDMI cable
Roku offers more than 4500 channels and various other contents on the market today. Also, one can stream Netflix, Amazon prime video, Hulu, WWE network, Google play music and movies, Pandora, Youtube and much more.
You can ask your queries regarding this article in the comment section below. And if you like this article then please share. Thank you!