For the movie lovers among us, Torrent is a popular name and one must have used Torrent websites to see movies at some point of his or her life. Also torrent can help you download the movies or stream them as per your choice. Torrent is a pretty much famous search engine to help us in movie watching sessions. From torrent, you can download paid movies, software and much more without paying anything as this is a free engine.
However, not everything is so good about torrent. There is no legal way to download torrent as it is not a legal thing. Basically to use torrent you have to get into piracy. Nowadays we have been using too many online sites to search movies and software and thus the use of torrent has decreased.
Why Quasar Kodi addon is needed:
Now we will be discussing a Kodi addon that works like torrent and lets you watch movies for free. The new Quasar Kodi addon offers a stream of content for free on your mobile.
Quasar Kodi add-on works like a torrent finding and streaming engine. If you want to know how you can install Quasar addon on Kodi Krypton, Jarvis and Leia, read on. Later we will also discuss how to fix the common Quasar server error.
What is Quasar Addon:
If you have heard or used Pulsar Kodi addon then Quasar Kodi addon will not be a new thing for you. Only it has a few differences. The fact that segregates Quasar Kodi addon from Pulsar or other such Kodi addons is that it uses peer to peer file sharing process. This one has peer to peer file sharing protocol because it uses BitTorrent, which is a sharing protocol and it too uses peer to peer file sharing.
The good thing about Quasar Kodi addon is that it provides video content of high quality.
As it has peer to peer file sharing nature, it can be used to both upload and download bandwidth while you are watching a video.
Download Quasar Kodi addon:
If you wish to download Quasar, you can simply go to the official site and download the version as per your requirement.
The download files are on GitHub which ensures that you can directly get the version from the official creators of the addon. So you do not have to worry about any unwanted threats that can enter your computer and creates a malfunctioning problem from any external sources.
It is available in one of the top repositories of Kodi repository. We will now describe you the process of downloading the repository and then install Quasar Kodi addon from it. To start the process you have to ensure that installation from unknown sources is enabled in your PC so that you can easily download the Kodi repository.
Install Quasar Kodi Addon
- First open Kodi player in your PC from the home screen and then go to the menu on the left.
- The gear-like icon shows the settings, click on it to go to the settings page.
- You can click on system settings from the options it shows.
- Click on add-on from the next screen and then you will find the option for unknown sources.
- Enable this option as it stays usually turned off.
- Next steps are for installing Quasar Kodi addon on Kodi 17.6 and 18 Leia
- Now go back to Kodi home screen and again go to the gear-like icon for settings.
- From various options, select and click on file manager.
- When the file manager opens, you will be given an option to add source link to Kodi repository. So now click on add source.
- Now you will see a dialogue box where you have to click on <none>. After this, you will enter the link http://kodi.co/repo/ in place of the source.
- There will be the space which will be provided below which is there for you to write the name of the media source. You can type the name of your choice, for now, you will type Quasar and click on OK.
- As you have provided the link to Kodi for downloading from the repository, you can go back to home and click on Add-ons option from the left menu which is open.
- A box will appear for add-on browser, click on install from zip file when you see the add-on browser.
- Now go back to the dialogue box which will show you the name of the source, which is Quasar in the present case. Post that and you will see the zip file.
- Click on the zip file and click ok.
- The notification from Kodi will confirm that the repository has been added, now click on install from repository option.
- Next screen will give you video add ons and then Quasar button option.
- The installation process will take a few minutes. Once it is done, go back to the home screen and click on add-on from the left menu. Now you will see the newly added add-on on the screen.
- Now click on the quasar Kodi add-on to launch it. A dialogue box will appear to ask you the path. Click on Download path (not FAT32) and select a folder.
- Now you have to configure Quasar Kodi addon so it works seamlessly with Kodi. So go back to the home screen again. Go to the settings button and click on service settings.
- Click on control on the left of next screen and enable the options Allow remote control from applications on this system and Allow control from applications on other systems.
Now you are good to go with the Quasar Kodi addon. This addon has a web interface which lets you remotely control the operation on a local network.