Kodi is quite a popular app in the net world. Online media streamers love Kodi player for its smooth running and smart interface. Enjoying online media files means you need an unlimited data connection as all the files run through an internet connection.
Though media streaming always depends upon the internet connection, a platform or medium is required to initiate and facilitate the process.
This is how Kodi comes into the scenario. This is an open-source app which draws media files from online media streaming sites and lets you watch them. It works as a platform which has been created by XBMC Foundation more than 10 years back and since then it’s popularity is increasing.
Why Kodi is famous?
The reasons for its fame are many, the most prominent being, its compatibility with almost all the operating systems. Kodi can flexibly run with Linux, Android, iOS, Mac or age-old windows. Also, it works fine on any devices.
Game players also wish to use Kodi as it gets them the better experience of gaming and it also enables them to play the subscribed games for free. For this reason, they need to install Kodi in the Play stations.
What is the Play Station?
Now Play station is a console or gadget which gives you near-reality experience while playing a game. All over the world Play stations have become popular and this one wonder product has been created by Sony Interactive Entertainment. These gadgets are mostly quite a high definition so these can allow the high-quality graphics of the modern time 3D games. These gaming consoles can also play movies from various online streaming sites and for that purpose, the user needs to install Kodi on it.
Kodi developers still are working for the version of this app which will be suited for Play station 3 and Play station 4, but their job is not complete yet. But that is not all. You can take help of Plex app which will perform all the functions of Kodi PS4.
How to Install Plex on PS4
- The process below will describe the method of installing Kodi on your Playstation.
- First, open your Play station control.
- From the station control, you can search for Plex application.
- Install this application.
- Now the download option will be seen for Plex. Click to download the app.
- Give it a few minutes to complete the process.
- After finishing, you need to follow a few more steps to use it.
- Now go to the Video and TV section of the app.
- Create your account with this app by filling the needed details.
- After the registration is done, you will receive a link on your given mail id, which will be redirected to the home page.
- Put the code that was sent to you by mail.
- Now you will be notified by mail that Plex has successfully been installed in your Play Station.
- If you want to download Plex for your Android device, just check the play store.
- After finding Plex from there, you need to sign in to the Plex application with the same details.
- When Plex will be downloaded and installed in your Android device, go to the settings and check the options like show camera roll, media server and network discovery for Plex.
- Make sure that your Kodi Play station and Android phone are on the same wifi network. That is how you will be able to access Kodi media files on both the devices.
Advantages of Kodi PS4
- Kodi is an open-source Media player.
- It lets the user play and stream movies and other media files online.
- Also, users can record music, podcast and view pictures through the internet.
- It supports almost all the popular and common languages as it is an HTPC application.
Kodi is the most used players of recent times. It is being globally used by gamers and online streamers. The best features of Kodi are available via Plex. That is why we have detailed the process of using Kodi in Play station 3 and Play station 4. No official version of Kodi for these gaming consoles has been developed yet, but that will not prevent you from playing the favourite games and watching movies on the PS3 and PS4.