As we know that the developer has announced the release of UnC0ver Jailbreak Version 2.0.0 Public Beta. According to the Pwn20wnd, the official version will release soon. However, Unc0ver can jailbreak iOS 11 firmware versions and iOS 12.0-12.1.2. As developers want to ensure that jailbreak is stable or not before releasing the official public version. Because of which public beta testing is release to get the feedback from the jailbreak users. The standard format of the UnC0ver Jailbreak will be the same but, there will be a semi-tethered jailbreak that will use on iOS devices for running on iOS 11 to iOS 11.4 Beta 3.
UnC0ver Jailbreak V 2.0.0:
There is a changelog file that is present in the Github repository of UnC0ver Jailbreak following are the changes and the inclusions that have added to UnC0ver Jailbreak V 2.0.0.
- Initial Cydia Substrate support.
- There is a switch in place for re-installing Open SSH.
- There is a switch in place for re-installing Cydia.
- When the device is not in a jailbroken state, there is a dedicated button for restarting Springboard.
- It has the ability to update jailbreak components over-the-air (OTA).
- It comes with an update for bootstrap.
- It has a lot of bug fixes and improvements such as Fix for jailbreak error, improvements to battery life, Electra loop-of-death mitigation, improvements to the speed of system reload.
How to Jailbreak with Unc0ver?
- You have to download the recent version of unc0ver from this link https://github.com/pwn20wndstuff/Undecimus.
- After downloading it, you have to download the Cydia Impactor from this link http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/.
- Once the Cydia gets downloaded, you have to launch it and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with an MFi-certified Lightning cable.
- Now, click and drag the unc0ver.ipa file to the Cydia Impactor and then, a prompt will appear, you have to sign in with your Apple ID.
- After that, Cydia Impactor will start to side-load the unc0ver jailbreak app on your device.
- Once the Cydia Impactor gets installed, go to the Settings>General>Profiles>Device Management and click on your Apple ID.
- Now, you have to click on the blue Trust button, and click on the red Trust button which is inside the popup. But before proceeding to the next step, you have to enable Airplane Mode, and then disable your passcode/Touch ID/Face ID, disable Siri, and reboot your device.
- After that, you have to click on the unc0ver icon from your Home screen and click on the blue Jailbreak button in the unc0ver app. Now the tool will start to start to jailbreak your device.
- Once it gets over, you will see the Cydia on your Home screen. In case you don’t see Cydia after jailbreaking with unc0ver, you have to reboot and re-launch the unc0ver jailbreak app and keep trying it until and unless it doesn’t work.
How to Get UnC0ver Jailbreak V 2.0.0 on iOS 11-iOS 11.4 Beta 3?
If you want to jailbreak, you can get the latest UnC0ver Jailbreak V 2.0.0 from this link https://github.com/pwn20wndstuff/Undecimus. But if you’re waiting for the official version then, you have to for a long time.
Steps to UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.0 Bugs Fixed – UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.1 Out
Most of the users have reported that UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.0 has two bugs. By following the steps, you can make the change in the latest version.
- First, you have to fix the running root filesystem and restore it when it is not in the jailbroken state on iOS 11.
- Restart the SpringBoard once the jailbreak is done. That’s it!
How To Jailbreak Using UnC0ver V 2.1.1 or UnC0ver V 3.1.0?
- If you want to jailbreak using UnC0ver 2.1.1 or UnC0ver V 3.1.0, you have to download the IPA file of the latest UnC0ver version from any site.
- Once it gets downloaded, you have to sideload the same on your iOS device.
- After that, you can click on the UnC0ver icon from the home screen and click on the jailbreak. But if you’re using the prior version of UnC0ver, you will see the button as the re-jailbreak. There is no need for any special steps to update the latest version of UnC0ver.