Kodi is a free and open-source media player software application that is available across multiple operating systems and hardware platforms, with a software 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
Kodi URL Resolver is a script that is used to fetch links from external sources to stream the content on Kodi. All the popular Kodi video add-ons work on the basis of the URL Resolver. Kodi is similar to a player that can stream media from any local, network or external servers.
This URL is essential to improve the streaming experience and delete useless links. Kodi URL resolver will not only remove dysfunctional links but also provide users with reliable working links through verified sources. Being a key Kodi add-on, this URL resolver is an essential pre-requisite for other media add-ons to scrape and stream the link. All add-ons have a URL resolver that allows it to provide better hosts for streaming content. URL resolvers save time by compiling all these add-ons.
If users wish to stream a movie or a TV show on Kodi, this URL Resolver assists them in locating the remote server to fetch the contents.
Features of Kodi
Kodi is an impressive entertainment centre software. It plays all kinds of media and comes with excellent features which are outlined below.
- Kodican play music across all formats including mp3, flac, wav and wma.
- It plays Movies.
- The Kodi TV Shows library supports episode and season views with posters and banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors.
- Kodi provides enables users to watch and record live TV from its easy to use interface. It works with a number of popular back-end applications including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR and Tvheadend
- The application allows users to alter the appearance of the interface with skins.
- Users can interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface. This enables remote controls, web browsers and 3rd party tools to take Kodi to the next level.
- With support for a large variety of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, Smartphones and Tablet Applications, Kodi provides the flexibility to users to control the media.
Procedure to Install Kodi URL Resolver
Potential users need to adopt the following installation steps for Kodi URL Resolver:
- Download the Kodi URL Resolver Zip file from this URL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kodil/kodil/master/repo/script.module.urlresolver/script.module.urlresolver-3.0.13.zip.
- Open Kodi.
- Click on the Add-ons tab on the menu on the left.
- Click on the Box icon located on the left corner.
- Select Install from the Zip file option.
- Browse to the path where the zip file was downloaded and open it.
- The zip file will be loaded and installed.
Steps to update Kodi URL Resolver
- Open Kodi
- Click on Settings (Gear icon)
- Click on System Settings.
- Proceed to the Expert mode
- Click on Add-ons tab
- Click on manage dependencies.
- Click on URL Resolver to go to Kodi URL Resolver settings and finally click on Update
Users need to ensure that the “Auto-update” option is turned on, so as to facilitate auto installation of updates as and when they are released. Updating the URL Resolver helps to bypass the captcha verification. It is highly recommended to authorize the machine IP address in order to bypass the verification process.
Since Kodi URL resolver runs in the background, users are not aware of its existence. This URL resolver is the key ingredient of success for many Kodi add-ons.
One of the best, oldest and biggest players in the Kodi community is the TV Add-ons. It provides all the latest information related to Kodi and its add-ons though its vlogs and forum. Kodi has amassed a significantly large user base due to its vast array of features and capabilities. This URL Resolver is the main reason for the success of many repositories and add-ons.
The latest version of the Kodi application, version 1.8.0, has fixed some major bugs and has introduced key performance improvements. TVAddons.co Fusion repository allows users to install multiple add-ons for watching their favorite content. Fusion also provides you access to Indigo, an all-in-one tool that permits users to search for and manage unofficial Kodi add-ons.